Sunday, January 17, 2016

City Inspiration: Cocktails in Saigon

I lived in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) for about two years. In those two years I matured from street side beer drinker to sch-mancy cocktail drinker. Below I give you my run down of the best cocktail bars in Ho Chi Minh City....and one brewery.


Living it up at Eon Heli Bar 
Racha Room 
I fall asleep at night dreaming of the cocktails at Racha Room. The Racha Room is a Thai, street food inspired restaurant in central District 1. I HIGHLY recommend the Concubine, a sweet vodka and lycee concoction and the Sin Gin Sling, gin based (surprise!) with a  nice basil aftertaste . What makes their cocktails even better is that the Racha Room has happy hour Monday to Saturday from 5pm to 8pm.  













The Racha Room 12-14 Mac Thi Buoi, D1, HCMC

O.M.G.
Normally I would never advocate drinking at a bar named after a valley girl expression, but the view will soon have you forgetting about the name. O.M.G. is on the 9th floor of the Tan Hai Long Hotel, overlooking the always busy Benh Thanh round about. It's a great alternative to Skybar or EON Heli Bar (Bitexco) you still get a killer view and drink without the ear popping elevator ride. Or is that just me? I recommend the passion fruit mojito with less sugar (ít đường)
O.M.G.-Tan Hai Long Hotel, Nguyen An Ninh, D1 HCMC

Broma: Not a Bar
When O.M.G. gets too loud head to Broma for another rooftop with a more chill/laid-back vibe.  Broma has a solid cocktail menu and a serves an even better sangria. If your lucky enough to become besties with the staff you can host your own 90's dance party. If your going to add to the noise pollution 90's music is the way to go. 

 The view from Broma- 41 Nguyen Hue, D1, HCMC

The Deck
The Deck is the most expensive on the list especially if you factor in the Uber ride to get to District 2. It's definitely worth the ride as you'll be sitting right on the Saigon River, plan it accordingly and you can be sitting on the river at sunset, swoon. My experience with their menu is limited but not much experience is needed to conclude they were perfect. 
The Deck- 38 Nguyen U Di, D2, HCMC

Pasteur Street Brewing Company
I don't discriminate when it comes to alcoholic beverages, but beer is usually low on my list, except this beer. Pasteur is a craft brewery that literally makes the best beer I've ever had. I always recommend the flight as the beers on tap. My personal favorite is the passion fruit wheat ale and the jasmine IPA. The location on Pasteur can be difficult to find as it's hidden down a sketchy alley, but that's part of the charm. 
Pasteur Street Brewing Company- 144 Pasteur, D1, HCMC


No comments:

Post a Comment