Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Adventurous Eating

I've been a little behind in my blog postings. The training program I'm in has actually been a lot of work. I'll get into the training experience in a later blog. There's a way more important issues to deal with right now and that's food. 

The food in Cambodia wasn't as good as I was expecting, but I did try some interesting dishes.



Tarantula: Not as bad as you'd think, but still not good. It tastes a little like fried tempura with a little hair mixed in. YUM!




Sticky rice in bamboo: sticky rice and mung beans are cooked in a bamboo stalk. Amazing and delicious road side snack!

Crocodile: Tastes like chicken, no really, just chewier. Although I think our crocodile cooking techniques could use some work.
Snake: Tastes exactly what you think snake would taste like; something that's been slithering around on the ground. 

Whole shell crab: This may not be unusual or interesting for some, but it was my first experience eating crab like this. It's delicious but for me it's not worth the work. There was no melted butter here, we dipped the crab into a lime juice, salt and pepper mix. Believe me, it's so much better than melted butter. Yes, I just said that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment